Spottt
Spottt
Your Ad Here

"Star Lanka Online" Our NEW Web site And Web TV Channel Launched

TFGE , The Future Global Educational Center Has Launched
the official web site, called
*** Star Lanka Online Dot Com ........................

www.starlankaonline.com will be completed in very near future....

*** Star Lanka Online TV Channel,..................

Just One Click ahead ...

Now you can watch "Star Lanka Online TV" channel broadcasts from Matara, Sri Lanka in most part of the day. Still we are keeping a test transmission also. There is a link right side of your hand to watch our TV channel. You can watch (Click On the Box) live channel on this site without going to another site to watch the TV. and also recorded parts, following the below link.

What Next ?

Await .........

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Federer wins US Open

Federer wins US Open

By Jim Slater


NEW YORK, Sept 9, 2007 (AFP)
-





Roger Federer captured his 12th Grand Slam crown Sunday by winning his fourth US Open in a row, moving three major titles shy of surpassing the all-time record of 14 Slam wins set by Pete Sampras.

The Swiss world number one defeated Serbian Novak Djokovic 7-6 (7/4), 7-6 (7/2), 6-4 after denying the Slam final debutante on five set-point chances in the first set and two more in the second, having been a break down in each set.

“I played well when I had too,” Federer said. “I've played better matches no doubt. A big moment. A lot of pressure for both of us. He made it hard for me in the beginning. All in all, I'm happy with my performance.”Federer, 26, matched Roy Emerson for second on the career Slam title list behind Sampras, surpassing 11-time Slam winners Bjorn Borg and Rod Laver and moving closer to beating Sampras - a goal that more and more occupies his mind.

“I think about it a lot now,” Federer said. “To come so close already at my age is so fantastic and I really hope to break it. Don't know (how many). I hope more than Pete.”Shaking off a case of nerves, Federer took advantage of his record 10th Slam final in a row to improve tobandian - a run that eclipses the old 27-match US Open Open-era record run of Ivan Lendl from 1985 to 1988.

Federer, in his record 188th week in a row atop the rankings, won a record 2.4 million dollars for the triumph thanks to a one million-dollar bonus from his results in US Open tuneup events.

Djokovic, 20, was undone by his mental mistakes on critical points in his first Grand Slam final.

“I had a lot of chances and I didn't use them,” Djokovic said. “He knows how to cope with the pressure. For me this is a new situation. Next time I hope I don't falter.”The Serbian star, who suffered semi-final losses to Rafael Nadal this year at Wimbledon and the French Open, was only 2-of-9 in break-point chances, missing opportunity after opportunity and ultimately unable to stop Federer.

“Roger showed again he is the best. He deserved to win,” Djokovic said.

Djokovic broke Federer for a 6-5 lead in the first set after the Swiss star hit two forehands long, then squandered five set points in the 12th game and double faulted a break to set up the tie-breaker

“At this point you have no hopes,” Federer said. “It shows you always have a chance. I was surprised I got out of that game but it was key that I won the first set.”Djokovic also double faulted on Federer's second set point of the tie-break.

“I could feel he was really getting tense. He wasn't serving as well,” said Federer. “I came through. It's probably because I'm experiecned and confident in my play and take advantage of my chances.”The Serb poured out his frustrations before the second set by dumping the contents of a water bottle in front of his chair.

“That game at 6-5 and 40-0 was really bad for me. I was rushing. I didn't calm down,” Djokovic said. “I was thinking some negative thoughts.”Djokovic raced ahead 4-1 in the second set, was broken at love in the seventh game, but battled back for two set points in the 12th game of set two before Federer fought back into the tie-break, winning its last five points.

“Suddenly I just started making these unforced errors,” the Serb said. “I was quite nervous and felt a lot of pressure. I knew I had to make some shots, which was a mistake. I had to wait for my chances and I didn't.”Not since Pancho Gonzalez in 1949 had someone lost the first two sets but rallied to win the US Open men's final. Djokovic had three break points on Federer in the fifth game of the third set but again failed to capitalize.

No comments:

Facebook > Fans

All The Cricket Schedule Of The Future In the World

Await ............. updating

Cricket In The Future - By Priyantha De silva

ICC Events 2007 – 2015

2007 Cricket World Cup March/April West Indies*

Twenty20 World Championship September South Africa

2008 U/19 Cricket World Cup February Malaysia

Champions Trophy September Pakistan

2009 Women’s Cricket World Cup March Australia

ICC Trophy April UAE

Twenty20 World Championship June England

2010 U/19 Cricket World Cup February Kenya

Champions Trophy March/April West Indies

World Cricket League TBC The Netherlands

2011 Cricket World Cup February/March Bangladesh/India/

Pakistan/Sri Lanka

2012 U/19 Cricket World Cup July Canada

Champions Trophy/ September Sri Lanka

Twenty20 World Championship

2013 Women’s Cricket World Cup February India

Champions Trophy/ TBC TBC

Twenty20 World Championship

2014 Champions Trophy/ April Bangladesh

Twenty20 World Championship

U/19 Cricket World Cup February/March UAE

World Cricket League TBC TBC

2015 Cricket World Cup February/March Australia/

New Zealand

* broadcast and sponsorship rights for this event owned by Global Cricket Corporation

Cricket Rankins - Live Updates